Reminder: non-mpsafetty drivers to be connected on Sunday

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sun Aug 3 17:32:16 UTC 2008

In message: <64491.1217595198 at critter.freebsd.dk>
            "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk at phk.freebsd.dk> writes:
: In message <20080801124845.GZ1359 at server.vk2pj.dyndns.org>, Peter Jeremy writes
: :
: >On 2008-Aug-01 13:40:53 +0200, Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl> wrote:
: >>One of the most important things I forgot to mention: I've attached the
: >>patch I'm going to commit. Comments on the patch are very welcome!
: >
: >This patch just disconnects the majority of the serial drivers from
: >the build.  Whilst I support the aim of making the TTY subsystem
: >MPSAFE, as I've previously stated, IMO, just disconnecting everything
: >is not the way forward.
:
: I got a syntax error on this email Peter, didn't you mean to write:
:
: "Great work Ed, let me send you some patches"

NO HE DID NOT.

: A MPSAFE tty subsystem is infinitely more important than any particular
: non-console tty driver.
:
: If FreeBSD should have digi(4) support in the future somebody should
: spend some quality with the driver, instead of stopping Ed from
: making much necessary progress.

THINGS ARE GOING IN TOO FAST.  PLEASE SLOW DOWN.

This is great work, but it is premature at this time.

Warner