Reminder: non-mpsafetty drivers to be connected on Sunday

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Fri Aug 1 12:49:15 UTC 2008

On 2008-Aug-01 13:40:53 +0200, Ed Schouten <ed at 80386.nl> wrote:
>One of the most important things I forgot to mention: I've attached the
>patch I'm going to commit. Comments on the patch are very welcome!

This patch just disconnects the majority of the serial drivers from
the build.  Whilst I support the aim of making the TTY subsystem
MPSAFE, as I've previously stated, IMO, just disconnecting everything
is not the way forward.

On 2008-Jul-04 11:22:44 +0200, you wrote:
>The digi(4) code shouldn't be very hard to port. As I said before, I am
>considering making most drivers at least compile before the code hits
>the tree, which should make it a lot easier for people to get their
>things working again.

This doesn't seem to have happened.

On 2008-Jul-08 16:16:20 +0200, you wrote:
>If time permits, I'll fix nmdm(4). I've also received some messages
>about si(4) and digi(4), so I'll contact those people to see what we can
>do here.

I had indicated an interest in digi(4) but haven't heard anything further.

On 2008-Jul-20 14:32:56 +0200, you wrote:
>As usual, the latest mpsafetty patchset can be found here. I would
>really appreciate it if I could get more reviews on the code. Thanks!
>
>	http://www.il.fontys.nl/~ed/projects/mpsafetty/patches/

Looking through the latest patches (20080801), there is still no
documentation explaining how to use the new interfaces.  It looks like
the only way to port a driver is to study the changes made to some
other drivers and work out how to apply equivalent changes to the
driver you are adapting.

--
Peter Jeremy