sensors fun..

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Fri Oct 19 06:20:35 PDT 2007

In message <20071019151426.ttkynf788c0g8s4k at webmail.leidinger.net>, Alexander L
eidinger writes:

Alexander,

I'm getting pretty tired of this game of yours.

Either you're not paying attention to what I write, or you are so
totally blinded by rage that you don't try to understand it.

This is my last email to you on this subject.

As far as I can tell, you have nothing to do with the actual code,
apart from committing it without proper review and discussion, so
why don't you step out of the loop, and leave Constantine, who,
quite frankly, seems to have a better grasp of the subject than
you, participate instead ?

>>> What to do with sensors which aren't event based or don't have a
>>> predefined polling interval (e.g., temperature and humidity)? What do
>>> you think will the ratio be between the amount of sensors with and
>>> without something like this?
>>
>> They poll at whatever rate the application ask them to, (using an
>> ioctl ?)
>
>So you want to put the polling interval (=3D the polling policy) into =20
>the kernel (with e.g, an ioctl)?

No, the "polling policy" does not end up in the kernel if the
application calls an ioctl that says "poll every 5 seconds".

Look up the meaning of the word policy if you don't belive me.