rwlocks, correctness over speed.

Alfred Perlstein alfred at freebsd.org
Thu Nov 22 12:00:04 PST 2007

* Max Laier <max at love2party.net> [071122 07:46] wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 November 2007, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> > In summary, I am proposing (temporarily) making read-recursion
> > on rwlocks not supported in order to avoid livelock due to writer
> > starvation.
> >

> rwlocks are already used in places that do recursive reads.  The one place

Max, I think what will happen is that we will mark further uses
or read locks as recursive as "not supported", perhaps witness
can temporarily grow a flag to ignore recursive read ops until
the existing infrastructure is fixed.

I will not get into alternatives for pfil, as it seems you've mostly
worked it out.

-Alfred