Rename sys/*/conf/DEFAULT to _DEFAULT

David O'Brien obrien at freebsd.org
Wed Nov 7 12:53:57 PST 2007

On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 11:42:52AM -0800, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
> What about this:
> We move src/sys/${ARCH}/conf/DEFAULTS to src/sys/conf/DEFAULTS.${arch}
> and we can even add a generic src/sys/conf/DEFAULTS if there's a reason
> for it.

I thought about something similar, but didn't suggest this as I thought
it would be too big a change for others to swallow.  But it does not
bother me.

> That seems to be a much better solution than renaming a file so that it
> stops being in the way for some, only to have it become in the way for
> others. That's just pointless...

I've never seen anyone post indications of having a kernel config file
named _*.  So I don't find it pointless.

--
-- David  (obrien at FreeBSD.org)