Any plans to implement OpenBSD sensor framework into FreeBSD?

Wed Jan 31 12:59:12 UTC 2007

Quoting Volker Theile <vtheile at gmx.de> (from Wed, 31 Jan 2007 07:39:11 +0100):

> Hello all,
>
> i just want to ask if there are any plans to implement such a
> feature as the sensor framework in OpenBSD. I'm asking because it
> seems to me that there is currently no centralized architecture to
> handle hardware sensors like cpu temp or fan speed.

Sounds interesting.

Links for people which want to give it a try or want an overview:
  - http://www.openbsd.org/papers/bsdcan06-biosensors.pdf
  - http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/usr.sbin/sensorsd/
  - http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sbin/bioctl/
  - http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/sys/scsi/safte.c

Bye,
Alexander.

--
A small town that cannot support one lawyer can always support two.