c99/c++ localised variable definition

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Tue Feb 1 22:25:05 PST 2005

At 11:46 PM +0000 2/1/05, Paul Richards wrote:

>Surely the issue should be, if you're a good coder and you adhere
>to the adopted style, which style is more likely to result in
>maintainable code.

I suspect that if you're a good coder, or if you have a bunch of
good coders looking over your shoulder (like we do here...), then
the current style is just as likely to result in good, maintainable
code as the localized-variable style that you are proposing.  Thus,
there does not seem to be any compelling reason to change the style.

Just MO, of course.

Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at freebsd.org
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute    or  drosih at rpi.edu