updated Intel C compiler patch-set (kernel code and build infrastructure)

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 9 12:03:51 PST 2004

On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 06:22:09PM +0100, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
+> I've updated the icc patch-set at
+> http://www.leidinger.net/FreeBSD/current-patches/ relative to -current
+> from Feb 26.
+>
+> icc.diff	is the patch set
+> icc.README	is a short introduction how to use icc to compile
+> 		the kernel
+> icc.ChangeLog	explains what I changed
+>
+> For those which missed the last bi-monthly status report: an icc
+> compiled kernel (optimized for a P4) was used to try to build the entire
+> ports collection: no dogs or cats where eaten by this patch, no black
+> helicopters so far, no crashes... only some strange, white "something"
+> which melts away when heated was fallen out of the sky, but I'm not sure
+> if this may be a sideeffect of something different...
+>
+> As 5.2* is out the door, it may be a good time to get them into the
+> tree. It would be nice if anyone of those src committers who showed
+> interest in getting this support into the tree would step forward.

It will be really great if we can merge your patches.
I'm not sure how to handle broken with this compiler part of the kernel.
If those are modules only we could mark them somehow and don't allow
to compile them with icc.

--
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       http://www.FreeBSD.org
pjd at FreeBSD.org                           http://garage.freebsd.pl