some PRs

Peter Jeremy PeterJeremy at optushome.com.au
Tue Jul 27 01:43:34 PDT 2004

[ /dev/full ]
On Mon, 2004-Jul-26 19:49:18 -0400, Sergey Babkin wrote:
>I'm about a week behind :-) but here are my 2 cents: it's a VERY useful
>device for testing.

Maybe.  There are lots of other error numbers that are equally useful
for testing.  If you really want a way to inject known errors into
I/O system calls, why not go the whole hog and implement a virtual
filesystem that returns the required error:
.../EPERM just returns EPERM
.../ENOENT just returns EPERM
etc

Of course, you've then got to decide which of open(), close(), read()
write(), ioctl(), fcntl() etc should succeed and which should return
an error.  This rapidly becomes unworkable.

Overall, IMHO, the benefits are minimal and don't warrant the effort
of implementing and maintaining the code.

--
Peter Jeremy