some PRs

Bruce M Simpson bms at spc.org
Sun Jul 18 08:07:28 PDT 2004

On Sun, Jul 18, 2004 at 03:33:30PM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> > What in the world is this patch (ie, /dev/full) for??
> > I just don't see the point in /dev/full.  Could you please give some good
> > examples of its use?
>
> I think it's useful for compatibility.

Whilst I'm grateful that you've taken time to submit a patch, you still
haven't really explained which applications require this device to exist
and be supported.

> > Also what "Un*x OSes" besides Linux has this?
>
> Asides Linux, I only know of the Hurd providing it. But there might be
> other kernels.

It seems to me, though, that it might be better as part of the Linux
emulation code eventually, as hardly anything seems to require it.

Regards,
BMS