does FreeBSD still support CPUs without math coprocessors?

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Thu Jul 1 00:22:37 PDT 2004

The FAQ claims that it does, but ISTR recent discussion about removing
the software emulation.  However, a search of the mailing lists, and
Google, fails to show anything, so it is completely possible that my
memory is playing tricks on me.

If that support has gone by the wayside, I'll go ahead and change that
part of the FAQ, oth4erwise, I'll leave it alone.

(And yes, I just saw the 386 announcement, so I know about that.)

mcl