Resolving the crypto duplicity...

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Thu Feb 5 15:12:08 PST 2004

In message: <3144.1076020252 at critter.freebsd.dk>
            "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk at phk.freebsd.dk> writes:
: In message <20040205.074549.128866887.imp at bsdimp.com>, "M. Warner Losh" writes:
: >In message: <38921.1075966216 at critter.freebsd.dk>
: >            "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk at phk.freebsd.dk> writes:
: >: But as I said, it may be time to discuss the overall issue of kld
: >: dependencies, rather than just scratch my own little itch...
: >
: >Typically people just put the module dependency into their kld and get
: >on with their lives.  There's really little to discuss except maybe
: >making an opencrypto module...  At least as far as the dependency
: >issue with klds.  I have no comment on the code duplication aspects.
:
: And that means that "optional dependencies" are not in the picture ?
:
: I want gbde to use opencrypto if it is there, but I do not want to
: require it (since it is optional from GBDE's point of view).
:
: Is there any sane way to do that ?

Ah.  I see.

Yes, there's a way to do it, but it requires lots of cooperation on
the part the optional module.

Warner