Non-standard ;; and SYSINIT().

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Tue Feb 3 13:43:49 PST 2004

Hello.

It looks like SYSINIT() macro is defined with trailing ;.
Maybe there was some reason to do so, but I assume that this is a bug.
There are many, many calls where an extra ; is added after SYSINIT().
SYSUNINIT() is defined without trailing ; ...

This will be ok, but ;; is not supported by ICO C (gcc -pedantic
tell me that).

Here is a patch that fix this issue at least for SYSINIT():

	http://garage.freebsd.pl/patches/SYSINIT.patch

The most important part is a change in sys/kernel.h, that removes
trailing ; from SYSINIT() definition:

-	DATA_SET(sysinit_set,uniquifier ## _sys_init);
+	DATA_SET(sysinit_set,uniquifier ## _sys_init)

AND REMEMBER! I'm not going to commit it (without strong approvals)!:)

--
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       http://www.FreeBSD.org
pjd at FreeBSD.org                           http://garage.freebsd.pl