Adding standalone RSA code

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Thu Dec 9 23:57:23 PST 2004

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 08:58:27PM -0800, Colin Percival wrote:
+>   I'd like to add a new library for lightweight barebones RSA
+> computations, and associated commandline rsa-makekey, rsa-sign,
+> and rsa-verify utilities.
+>
+>   To a certain extent, this duplicates existing functionality
+> (openssl), but I think my code has important advantages which
+> justify the duplication:
+> 1. It is lightweight (around 2% of the size of openssl), which
+> may allow it to be used in memory-limited environments,

You compered size of the source or compiled library?
Compiled openssl library isn't too big...

PS. This is not a 'no' voice.