1:1 threading.

Alexander Kabaev ak03 at gte.com
Thu Mar 27 08:12:16 PST 2003

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 15:03:14 +0600
Max Khon <fjoe at iclub.nsu.ru> wrote:

> Seconded. do you have numbers that clearly show that using Julian's
> approach leads to serious performance penalty? Using KSE APIs is not
> that difficult as far as I understand, so why we need to introduce
> more hacks?

Disagreed. Using KSE APIs _is_ difficult. I think one of the ideas
behind 1:1 libth is to keep the code as simple as practical and
entangling it too strongly with KSE contradicts with that goal. I
certainly hope to see M:N threading project to come to completion in the
future, but keep in mind that the architecture this complex will
certainly take quite some time to mature and having a reliable fallback
option is good. If anything it will provide KSE people with something to
compare their implementation with.

--
Alexander Kabaev