Things to remove from /rescue

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Thu Jul 17 03:36:22 PDT 2003

On Thu, Jul 17, 2003 at 05:43:10AM -0400, Garance A Drosihn wrote:
> At 1:08 AM -0700 7/17/03, David O'Brien wrote:
> >This is a list of binaries that I don't feel should be part
> >of /rescue as it's mission is to recover/rebuild a "broken" /
> >[due to all the binaries being dynamic].  Is there
> >justification for keeping them?

This is a crunched binary, so space is really not a big issue (plus,
the basic set of libraries is probably some 300-400Kb, so discussing
about adding/removing components which take 2-3 KB such as date,
sleep, comcontrol, conscontrol is just pointless in my opinion;
just convenience should be enough to keep some things around).

For ipfw/natd, i admit that they might be fatter than what one might
want, but then again they might be useful in case you have to access
the outside world to grab things. What do you save by removing them ?

	cheers
	luigi