usb module orginization

Paul Richards paul at freebsd-services.com
Mon Jul 7 12:47:51 PDT 2003

On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 12:16:17AM -0700, John-Mark Gurney wrote:
> I would like to move the usb modules into a subdir like the many
> other "groups" of modules already in the tree.  (i2c, digi, geom,
> netgraph, to name a few)
>
> i.e. modules/usb/ucom, modules/usb/usb, modules/usb/aue etc.

That'd be like putting all the pci drivers in the same dir; I think
it's the wrong grouping. The error is that the USB drivers are in
/sys/dev/usb, we spent a while moving drivers out of /sys/dev/pci
and /sys/i386/isa so I don't think grouping by bus in /sys/modules
is any more sensible.

It makes more sense to shift them around into /sys/modules/ether or
/sys/modules/disk, which is why /sys/modules/sound is somewhat
acceptable.

--
Tis a wise thing to know what is wanted, wiser still to know when
it has been achieved and wisest of all to know when it is unachievable