Unmounting by filesystem ID

Vladimir B. Grebenschikov vova at fbsd.ru
Sat Jul 5 06:57:32 PDT 2003

В Sun, 29.06.2003, в 01:54, Ian Dowse пишет:
> The patch below adds a new mount flag MNT_BYFSID that can be used
> to unmount a filesystem by specifying its filesystem ID instead of
> a path. The umount utility is changed to use this mechanism by
> default. This approach has a number of advantages:

Cool!

May be you fix issue of umounting by known vnode ?
problem is in mounting different devices under chroot.
in list of mounts they differ only by device id, and it is rather
difficult to umount filesystem if I known absolute path but do not enter
to chroot.

--
Vladimir B. Grebenschikov <vova at fbsd.ru>
SWsoft Inc.