Add timecounter option to rc.conf

John Polstra jdp at polstra.com
Tue Apr 8 12:13:47 PDT 2003

In article <xzpfzotb5i8.fsf at flood.ping.uio.no>,
Dag-Erling Smorgrav  <des at ofug.org> wrote:
> Paul Schenkeveld <paul at psconsult.nl> writes:
> > Another thing, *if* we want to automatically set up ntp.conf, what
> > about the NTP servers we were informed of by DHCP?
>
> I don't think dhclient honors these, does it?  Maybe it should.

You can make it honor them, with a little work.  You have to make a
dhclient.conf file with the appropriate "request" statement to ask
for the "ntp-servers" option.  You also have to make a
dhclient-exit-hooks script to generate the ntp.conf file.  It's a
PITA.  I agree with you that support for this should be standard.

John