FreeBSD Port: www/mod_cband

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Wed Feb 21 07:42:59 UTC 2018

Hi,

I’m testing out one of the patches floating around to make mod_cband work on apache 2.4.x, is there any interest in including this small  patch (and one Makefile change) so that mod_cband can be used with a current apache?  After lots of looking, I’m not seeing anything else that really compares to mod_cband, especially for web hosting where one needs to enforce a quota on bytes transferred over a period of time (week, month).

Makefile change is just "USE_APACHE=     22” to "USE_APACHE=     22+”.

The other changes are pretty small and are attached - dump them in the port’s “files” directory and it should build.  The compiler warnings are the same as those generated by the current port (strncmp suggestions, unsigned int comparison warning).

I’m running this now on a 10.4 server with apache 2.4.29.  I’d like to let it cook for a few days, but at first glance this seems to be working fine.

Thanks,

Charles
--
Charles Sprickman