Issues in apr1 port upgrade to 1.6.2 (with option SQLITE)

Bernard Spil brnrd at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jul 13 11:02:30 UTC 2017

On 2017-07-13 10:06, Stefan Esser wrote:
> Hi Bernard,
>
> the updated devel/apr1 did not build on my system (with OPTION SQLITE)
> and I noticed a few more details that don't look correct:
>
> 1) The libraries for sqlite support (e.g. apr_dbd_sqlite3-1.so) are not
>    built, but referenced during packaging, if option SQLITE is enabled.
>    (This option might not be correctly passed to the build of apr-util,
>    where apr_dbd_sqlite3.c can be found? I did not attempt to debug
> this
>    any further ...)
>
> 2) I had an old version of libapr-1.so.0 in /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg.
>    The QA checks complained about that file being used by the port:
>
> ====> Running Q/A tests (stage-qa)
> Error: /usr/local/lib/libaprutil-1.so.0.6.0 is linked to
> /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg/libapr-1.so.0 that does not belong to any
> package
>
>    When I removed that file from compat/pkg, the build completed and
>    the correct library just built seems to have been used.
>    (This may be a false positive in the sense that stage-qa does not
>     use the same library search as was used to link the binaries of
>     this port.)
>    --> This is obviously visible only when directly building the port
>    and not when building within a poudriere jail.
>
> 3) The UPDATING entry for apr1 mentions libressl in the pkg info line.
>    This should probably have been apr1 instead ...
>
> Regards, STefan

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for reporting.

1) There's indeed a regression with SQLite3. _ENV doesn't help if it
should be _ARGS...
Fixed this now (no revision bump as this would result in a
package/install failure)

3) Typo, fixed.

2) Not sure how this comes about
./configure --with-apr=/usr/ports/devel/apr1/work/apr-1.6.2
Guess this is nice during build linker finds compat before that.
Investigating...

Cheers,

Bernard.