Apache 2.4 - No LDAP Support By Default

Tim Gustafson tjg at ucsc.edu
Fri Jul 17 21:33:07 UTC 2015

Hi,

I am trying to use binary packages as much as possible as we have a
rather large fleet of FreeBSD machines and building ports by hand has
become something of a problem for us.

However, the apache24 binary package does not include mod_ldap or
mod_authnz_ldap, and these appear to not be available via a separate
binary package, so I find myself unable to convert my web server to
use the binary package version of www/apache24 (or devel/apr1, which
also requires LDAP support to be compiled in for Apache to be able to
use mod_ldap and mod_authnz_ldap) as it breaks authorization on about
400 web sites for me.

Is there any chance of getting LDAP support added to the binary
packages for devel/apr1 and www/apache24, or at least a second package
for each of these (devel/apr1-ldap and www/apache24-ldap perhaps)?  Or
am I missing something that would enable me to use these binary
packages?

--

Tim Gustafson
tjg at ucsc.edu