[Bug 193905] Upgrade of devel/apr1 to apr- causes devel/subversion to break

bugzilla-noreply at freebsd.org bugzilla-noreply at freebsd.org
Mon Sep 29 16:30:25 UTC 2014


--- Comment #2 from Kevin Thompson <antiduh at csh.rit.edu> ---
Well, when I first found this problem, I tried to make it go away - completely
removing apr1 and subversion, and doing a full, clean reinstall, which didn't
help anything. When I gave up I installed the previous SVN build from the
package server which got me back up and running for the meantime.

In that time I updated and rebuilt the base install kernel/world, updating to
`10.1-BETA3 FreeBSD 10.1-BETA3 #10 r272180`. 

Today I tried upgrading subversion back to the new build, and everything
worked. I checked svn logs, and neither the devel/apr1 port or the
devel/subversion port has had commits.

Previously I was running FreeBSD 10.0-STABLE-p9 r269194.

So it would seem that some combination of those versions of base, apr1, and
subversion all combined to make svn break.

I haven't got a clue why.

I started to try to debug the apr calls in subversion but quickly got lost in
trying to build LLDB, at which point I updated my src and rebuilt, getting to
where I am now.

Take that for what it's worth. I'm fine with closing this if we want to write
it off as an odd coincidence.

You are receiving this mail because:
You are on the CC list for the bug.

More information about the freebsd-apache mailing list