net/luasocket, unix socket support

Benjamin Podszun benjamin.podszun at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 10:45:20 UTC 2014

Hey there.

You're listed as the maintainer of net/luasocket, so .. I hope this is a
decent way to contact you.

I'm using the luasocket port and stumbled upon the missing unix socket
support.
Upstream includes that, but disables building it by default (it's not
considered part of the core project if it doesn't work on all platforms).

Basically I'm talking about a single sed, changing the all target in the
Makefile to include $(UNIX_SO).

Questions:

1) Would it be possible to include that? Would you accept/sponsor(->commit)
patches?
2) Would it make sense to add stage support?

Thanks a lot & regards,
Ben