USE_MODPERL2=yes will break all builds that use mod_perl2 horribly now...

Michelle Sullivan michelle at shellsshots.biz
Mon Jul 14 02:14:32 UTC 2014

Guys,

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports?view=revision&revision=361689 says we
got bumped to 2.4 by default...

In theory I have no issues with that (I've used 2.4 before and was
annoyed when I got bumped back to 2.2) ... however...

USE_MODPERL2=yes

breaks everything horribly as there is still:

.if ${APACHE_VERSION} > 22
BROKEN= Does not build with apache24
.endif

in the makefile to mod_perl2 (and it also has: USE_APACHE= 22+)

if you are using RT4* and/or Bugzilla (like I am) configured for
mod_perl2 rather than cgid it all goes horribly wrong....

Fortunately (for me) I have build servers for 8.4->10.0 (amd64 and i386)
and they don't upload their packages until everything is successful so I
didn't get dependency loops with broken and working packages and have
since learned: DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=apache=2.2 should solve my build
issues, but don't you think 2.4 should stay postponed until mod_perl
2.0.9 is released as it seems from all the mails I have garnered that it
is the expected 'works with 2.4' release? .. or is the intent to get
everyone to drop mod_perl2 and reconfigure for cgid? (unless they know
how to set the default version for apache.)

Sorry being belligerent(ish) ... I'm just peed of because I finally got
everything building after a hardware issue and applied the last of my
production patches only to have everything break in a non obvious (to
fix) way because someone screamed to get apache2.4 the other day.. (I
saw the scream and didn't object because I had no idea mod_perl2 was
marked as broken for 2.4)

Michelle

--
Michelle Sullivan