Patch for devel/apr1

Mathieu Arnold mat at FreeBSD.org
Mon Feb 24 15:13:35 UTC 2014

+--On 24 février 2014 18:59:17 +0400 Eygene Ryabinkin <rea at freebsd.org>
wrote:
| It says "OPTIONS_DEFINE contains a list of OPTIONS to be used. These
| are independent of each other and are not grouped".

Yes, OPTIONS_DEFINE will get you a list of options to choose from that are
not grouped and can be used in any combinations. Some ports, like apr1,
prefer to group their options regarding to what they do.
You can't put an option in OPTIONS_DEFINE and in some other group, it would
not end up doing what you would have wanted to start with.

|> If you need to globally set some options, you should put things like this
|> in your make.conf:
|>
|> OPTIONS_SET= LDAP
|>
|> Or like antoine said, if you need them on the command line, WITH=LDAP
|
| I am setting per-port options via
| {{{
|# Apache portable library
| .if ${.CURDIR:M/usr/ports/devel/apr1}
| BATCH=yes
| WITH_THREADS=yes
| WITHOUT_IPV6=yes
| WITH_BDB=yes
| WITH_GDBM=yes
| WITHOUT_LDAP=yes
| WITHOUT_MYSQL=yes
| WITHOUT_NDBM=yes
| WITHOUT_PGSQL=yes
| WITHOUT_SQLITE=yes
| WITH_DEVRANDOM=yes
| .endif
| }}}
|
| Probably it should be changed to 'WITH=THREADS BDB GDBM ...', but why
| WITH_/WITHOUT_ knobs were eliminated?  I have over 100 systems where
| I have these settings for over than 200 ports on each.  Of course, I can
| automate that, but what was the reason?

What you need to do in that case is put in your make.conf:
devel_apr1_SET=    THREADS BDB GDBM DEVRANDOM
devel_apr1_UNSET=  IPV6 LDAP MYSQL NDBM PGSQL SQLITE

You can get the first part for any port by running make -V CONFIGURE_NAME
from the ports directory.

As for the reason, I don't remember, I think it was because it was a pain
to maintain, forcing you to make things like what you did.

--
Mathieu Arnold