luasocket port

olli hauer ohauer at gmx.de
Tue Feb 11 05:43:38 UTC 2014

On 2014-02-11 03:13, David Thiel wrote:
> Hello apache,
>
> I've updated the luasocket port to use the updated version, 3.0rc1,
> which adds IPv6 support; I also removed some obsolete compatibility
> stubs and added stage support. I've tested it with Prosody and it
> appears to work fine. If you have no objections, I'd like to go ahead
> and commit the update.
>
> The one thing I don't understand in the current port is
> patch-src_buffer_c -- it simply seems to rename a few functions, putting
> "ls_" in front of them. This doesn't seem necessary; does anyone know
> what purpose this serves?

Hi David,

It seems the 'ls_' prefix fixes a name space clash with mod_magnet
from www/lighttpd.  I suspect the name space clash is still an issue.

Perhaps the following information helps.

# svn log -r260028 files/patch-src_buffer_c
r260028 | pgollucci | 2010-08-26 20:27:16 +0200 (Thu, 26 Aug 2010) | 6 lines

-  namespace clash with www/lighttpd mod_magnet
   upstream is gone, but the port is still quite useful

PR:             ports/138055
Submitted by:   Robert Nagy <robert at openbsd.org>

Summary from PR 138055.

>Synopsis:       net/luasocket namespace clash with www/lighttpd mod_magnet

Basically - luasocket defines buffer_init(); which is common enough to be
defined elsewhere and it is defined in mod_magnet, so you end up with a SIGSEGV.

>How-To-Repeat:
Write a lua script that uses luasocket and try to use it with mod_magnet.

--
Regards,
olli