nod_php split

Gavin Atkinson gavin at FreeBSD.org
Mon Apr 14 14:08:31 UTC 2014

Hi,

I see the UPDATING entry:

20140327:
  AFFECTS: users of lang/php5 and lang/php55 with Apache module
  AUTHOR: ale at FreeBSD.org

  The Apache PHP module has been separated from the main PHP port.
  If it is needed, install either www/mod_php5 or www/mod_php55.

There have been many reports of port upgrades not working as expected,
and people either getting conflicts, or losing mod_php entirely.  Is it
possible to update this entry to cover the upgrade process please?

Note that I don't actually know what the process is - I don't have an
affected machine - but I suspect our users would appreciate the process
being detailed.

Many thanks for introducing this port though, it has long been needed!

Gavin

--
Gavin Atkinson
FreeBSD committer and bugmeister