ports/188171: devel/subversion package broken

olli hauer ohauer at gmx.de
Sun Apr 6 17:40:01 UTC 2014

The following reply was made to PR ports/188171; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: olli hauer <ohauer at gmx.de>
To: bug-followup at FreeBSD.org, jonas.bulow at gmail.com
Subject: Re: ports/188171: devel/subversion package broken
Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2014 19:35:38 +0200

 In case your FreeBSD-10 is not customized (src.conf) there is even a quicker way the rebuild the system from source.

 1. get the 10-RELEASE base.txz

 2. remove schg flags with this command or with the script [1]
    You may receive an error for /var/empty because it also has schg set but thats OK.

 #> find / -type f -flags schg | xargs chflags noschg

 3. cleanup freebsd-update
 #> rm -rf /var/db/freebsd-update/*

 4. update the system to 10-RELEASE
 #> tar --exclude=^./etc --unlink -xpf base.txz -C /

 5. reboot
 6. freebsd-update fetch && freebsd-update install

 [1] remove schg flags
 #!/bin/sh
 SCHGDIRS="bin lib libexec sbin usr/bin usr/lib usr/libexec usr/sbin var/empty"
 echo "remove schg flag from"
 for DIR in ${SCHGDIRS}; do
     find ${DESTDIR:-/}${DIR}/ -flags schg -maxdepth 1 | xargs chflags -v noschg
 done

 I update all my systems this way since FreeBSD-5 beta with some extra steps for /etc the kernel and ZFS in case it is used on the boot partition.

 Please report back when your issue is fixed, then we can close the PR.

 --
 Regards,
 olli