dav_lock not enabled?

olli hauer ohauer at gmx.de
Fri Aug 24 12:08:14 UTC 2012

On 2012-08-24 12:29, Da Rock wrote:
> On 08/24/12 01:59, olli hauer wrote:

[...]

>> Regards,
>> olli
> Thanks Olli. I was thinking along those lines, but it was late and I was turning into a pumpkin :) Just couldn't quite get my head around all the details...
>
> Cheers for the patch - it appears to all work btw.

Thanks for the reports.

I have to think if this module should be ON by default ...

>From http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_dav_lock.html

Summary
This module implements a generic locking API which can be used by any backend provider of mod_dav. It requires at least the service of mod_dav. *But without a backend provider which makes use of it, it's useless and should not be loaded into the server*. A sample backend module which actually utilizes mod_dav_lock is mod_dav_svn, the subversion provider module.

*Note that mod_dav_fs does not need this generic locking module, because it uses its own more specialized version.*

In order to make mod_dav_lock functional, you just have to specify the location of the lock database using the DavGenericLockDB directive described below.

So this explains why subversion can handle locks even without the module but why does libre/open-office need the module?
Shouldn't libre/open-office work properly with mod_fav_fs ??

--
Regards,
olli