apr_global_mutex_child_init() fails with permission denied

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Sun Aug 5 19:51:48 UTC 2012

Folks,

I'm trying to get some software running with FreeBSD.  I have this function in the third party code:

      rc = apr_global_mutex_child_init((apr_global_mutex_t **) &tp->mutex, tp->lockfile, p);

Which always results in: Permission denied

It is created with:

rc = apr_global_mutex_create((apr_global_mutex_t **) &tp->mutex, tp->lockfile, shMutexMech, p);

followed by:

unixd_set_global_mutex_perms((apr_global_mutex_t *) tp->mutex);

Which should set things up properly

I have found similar problems, which relate to this issue, but don't know how to resolve it.

Anyone have experience in this area?

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org