8.2 + apache == a LOT of sigprocmask

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Fri Nov 18 08:01:01 UTC 2011

On 11/17/2011 02:57, Kostik Belousov wrote:
>> > It's not catching there though:
>> >
>> > Reading symbols from /libexec/ld-elf.so.1...done.
>> > Loaded symbols for /libexec/ld-elf.so.1
>> > 0x28183b2d in accept () at accept.S:3
>> > 3	RSYSCALL(accept)
>> > (gdb) c
>> > Continuing.
>> > no thread to satisfy query
>> > 0x28183b2d in accept () at accept.S:3
>> > 3	RSYSCALL(accept)
>> > (gdb) info threads
>> > Cannot get thread info: invalid key
>> > (gdb)
> Err, the other part of my message was that you shall set the breakpoint
> on sigprocmask.

I'm sorry I'm not making myself clear. We are setting the breakpoint on
sigprocmask. But, maybe I'm doing it wrong. Can you give precise
instructions as to what you want me to do, from the beginning? Sorry to
be so dense.

> I want to see a backtrace from the breakpoint hit.
> Several times.

Me too. :)

Meanwhile, in response to one of the other questions, we are using
mpm_prefork. Also, the particular problem we're seeing does not appear
related to fork(). The pattern of sigprocmask() calls is different from
the pattern you see with fork().

Doug

--

		"We could put the whole Internet into a book."
		"Too practical."