Where to define HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE=fr-fr ???

Jeremy Chadwick freebsd at jdc.parodius.com
Fri May 20 09:41:14 UTC 2011

On Fri, May 20, 2011 at 10:23:00AM +0200, Frank Bonnet wrote:
> How and WHERE to define this variable in apache22 configuration ???
> I need the web server to understand French characters in filenames

I haven't worked with this before, but what does "need the webserver to
understand French characters in filenames" mean exactly?  More details
are needed, particularly technical ones.  How is Apache "not working"
with French characters in filenames?

HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE is an environment variable, and therefore you
should probably look at the mod_env module (comes with Apache), but I
make no promises that it will solve your problem (because more technical
details are needed).

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/mod_env.html

Alternately, given your need for multi-language support, I would
strongly recommend learning about mod_negotiation and MultiViews.  Read
both documents:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/mod_negotiation.html
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/content-negotiation.html