Strange errors

Ross basarevych at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 03:10:33 UTC 2011

On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 2:38 PM, Jeremy Chadwick
<freebsd at jdc.parodius.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 01:15:29PM +0300, Ross wrote:
>> I see many:
>> kvm_open: kvm_nlist: No such file or directory
>> in my error-log
>>
>> what is that? I searched this list and also googled but wasn't able to
>> find anything on this matter.
>>
>> I am running site on Pimcore. Every time the site is accessed new
>> lines are added to error.log.
>
> Have you recently rebuilt world/kernel on the system, or rebuild kernel
> but not world?

I always rebuild the world along with the kernel. Just in case. And I
did recently. This system is running 8.2-STABLE by the way.

> If so, there may have been changes to the KVM structure within libkvm or
> the kernel that could be manifesting themselves by showing anomalies of
> this sort in userland applications.  Most commonly this shows up in
> utilities like "ps" or "top", both of which use libkvm.

Both top and ps work as expected.

> I'm not familiar with "Pimcore".  If this software links to libkvm, you
> may need to rebuild the software to keep in sync with any KVM or kernel
> changes.

This is just a CMS built on Zend Framework.

Another question: how can I catch who is writing this lines? I set
LogLevel to debug and apache flags to "-e debug" but it did not help.