Port apache22 fails to install when there is no apr-1 (missing dependency)

Philip M. Gollucci pgollucci at p6m7g8.com
Sun May 23 20:02:49 UTC 2010

On 05/23/10 15:44, Yuri wrote:
> Because of some issues with portuipgrade I deleted
> apr-ipv6-devrandom-gdbm-db42-1.4.2.1.3.9_1.
> After this, when I am trying to install apache22 with 'make install' I
> get the error below.
> The problem is that apache22 should install this dependency during 'make
> install'
Sure it does. Its a LIB_DEPEND.
Your devel/apr* installation wasn't properly deleted for some reason.

http://qat.tecnik93.com//logs/8-STABLE-NPD/apache-2.2.15_9.log

cd /usr/local
sudo -rf lib/libapr-1*

cd /usr/ports/www/apache22
sudo make clean all install clean

Philip M. Gollucci (pgollucci at p6m7g8.com) c: 703.336.9354
VP Apache Infrastructure; Member, Apache Software Foundation
Committer,                        FreeBSD Foundation
Consultant,                       P6M7G8 Inc.
Sr. System Admin,                 Ridecharge Inc.

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you'll never get hurt,
and dance like nobody's watching.