www/apache20 versus devel/apr*

Geraint Edwards gedge at yadn.org
Tue May 18 21:49:04 UTC 2010

Hi,

I *think* I just followed the UPDATING instructions for my www/apache20 installation:

	- pkg_delete'd www/apache20
	- ran the suggested portmaster command for devel/apr1 - it was already installed!
	- (re)installed www/apache20 which failed at the start with an apr* conflict

I had devel/apr1 installed (the result of the UPDATING instructions?),
but that seems to be a more recent version than www/apache20 allowed.

Did I misunderstand the UPDATING info?

Okay, I uninstalled devel/apr1 and installed www/apache20 directly.
This caused devel/apr0 to be installed instead.
However, in other news... portmaster told me this, towards the end:

	[...]
	===>   Compressing manual pages for apache-2.0.63_12
	===>   Running ldconfig
	/sbin/ldconfig -m /usr/local/lib/apache2
	ldconfig: warning: /usr/local/lib/apache2: No such file or directory
	===>   Installing ldconfig configuration file
	===>   Registering installation for apache-2.0.63_12
	[...]

It's right, that directory does not exist,
www/apache20/Makefile seems to think it should exist:

	USE_LDCONFIG=           ${PREFIX}/lib/apache2

so, should that Makefile look like this next line instead (.../libexec/... exists)?

	USE_LDCONFIG=           ${PREFIX}/libexec/apache2

Yours, trying to be helpful...

--
Geraint A. Edwards (aka "Gedge")
gedge at yadn.org