breakage in www/apache22 2.2.15

Colin Percival cperciva at freebsd.org
Sun May 16 22:29:01 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I just tried to portupgrade www/apache22 and ran into two problems:

1. The switch from !APR_FROM_PORTS to APR_FROM_PORTS confuses portupgrade
due to devel/apr conflicting with apache22-including-APR (they both have
/usr/local/include/apr-1/*).  I think this will be ok if you tell people
to run
# pkg_delete apache-2.2.\*
# cd /usr/ports/www/apache22 && make install
instead of using portupgrade, but I'm not absolutely certain.

2. I was surprised to see devel/apr sucking in python as a dependency; I
never had this as a dependency for www/apache22.  Is it possible to make
python (and maybe some others) conditional dependencies in devel/apr like
they are in www/apache22, or are they really unconditionally necessary?

--
Colin Percival
Security Officer, FreeBSD | freebsd.org | The power to serve