www/apache22: Apache 2.2.13 fails start // [error] Unable to initialize TLS servername extension callback (incompatible OpenSSL version?)

Philip M. Gollucci pgollucci at p6m7g8.com
Sat Jan 16 15:53:01 UTC 2010

On 1/16/2010 6:13 AM, Ronny Forberger wrote:
> Thats weird for my system: I had chosen SSL in the 'make config'
> dialogue, but it did not link against libssl.
> Now I recompiled www/apache22 with WITH_SSL=yes and it still won't
> link against any libssl!
That sets that flag.

So now we get to the grits.  I'll need your configure output and make
output.  Put them online somewhere and link to them.

Additionally,

$ cat /var/db/ports/{apr,openssl,apache}*

[which should list the options you have picked.

Philip M. Gollucci (pgollucci at p6m7g8.com) c: 703.336.9354
VP Apache Infrastructure; Member, Apache Software Foundation
Committer,                        FreeBSD Foundation
Sr. System Admin,                 Ridecharge Inc.
Consultant,                       P6M7G8 Inc.

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you'll never get hurt,
and dance like nobody's watching.