error "ssl_onceonlyinit" prevents apache startup

David Southwell david at vizion2000.net
Sat Nov 7 13:57:13 UTC 2009

From error log:

[Sat Nov 07 13:17:37 2009] [warn] RSA server certificate is a CA certificate
(BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)
[Sat Nov 07 13:17:38 2009] [warn] RSA server certificate is a CA certificate
(BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)
/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/php/20060613/imap.so: Undefined symbol
"ssl_onceonlyinit"

Got this error after
#apachectl stop
#apachectl start

and following dialogue:
In order to read them you have to provide the pass phrases.

Server www.vizion2000.net:443 (RSA)
Enter pass phrase:

OK: Pass Phrase Dialog successful.

Any ideas what may be causing this? I notice that all files in
/usr/local/lib/php/20060613/
are dated 4th Nov so I assume they must have been recompiled during a
portupgrade -a on that date.

David