Sub domains of virtual hosts

jaymax jaymax36 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 04:13:13 UTC 2009

I have an Apache Server v 2.2.11 running on a FreeBSD platform OS/7.2

Now, I have several virtual hosts running on the same IP #, with their own
domains registered
i.e. vhost-a.com ... vhost-z.com

I have tried adding a sub-domain, as in sub.domain-x.com, to these but
failed, I am not sure if this is because of my ineptitude or is it that the
system is not design to accommodate this.

I couldn't get any clarification on this, could someone advise?

Thanks!