FreeBSD Port: www/apache22

Clement Laforet sheepkiller at cultdeadsheep.org
Sun Aug 2 20:42:33 UTC 2009

Hi,
On Sat, Aug 01, 2009 at 12:51:22AM +0200, SimosNap Administrator wrote:
> I'm using WITH_MPM=itk option  but every portupgrade i need to recompile
> adding this option by hand.

WITH_MPM, dispite its name, was originally designed to live in /etc/make.conf and
to solve 2 problems:
1. expose to whole ports tree which MPM is currently in use when ${APACHE_MPM}
   can't be retrieved
2. ease of integration of custom MPM (just copy the patch in files/
   directory and define WITH_MPM, or create a slave port).

I know, apache stuff is a bit complex and was designed to fit my needs:
- apache HTTPd "flavours" == slave ports
- want to add a new mpm ? -> slave port

(That's the real reason we have APACHE_PORT variable)

I plead guilty: I should have made a slave port for mpm-itk.

> Why not adding this option to the make menu config ?
I never think about this. Exposing MPMs to OPTIONS framework is, to me, a
PITA.

> Why not apache22
> does not matain old compile option ?

AFAIK, no port relies on installed version. It would be a giant
mistake to do this.

> Is very annoing this .

We'll think about it but, since I usually put WITH_MPM=XXX in
/etc/make.conf or pkgtools.conf, I was never concerned about this issue.

thanks,
clem