help please

Miroslav Lachman 000.fbsd at quip.cz
Wed Oct 4 09:07:36 PDT 2006

CTLD Design Ltd wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have just aquired a server with freebsd on it, the site I want to run on it needs to be able to show php within a html document, using a .htaccess file in the root directory of the site.
>  I have tried many different ways within the htaccess file but it just keeps trying to download the file, have I wasted my money or is there a work around for this, changing the pages file extension is not an option, the site is currently on an ensim server and works fine for running php within html.
>
> Not sure if this email is going to the correct people, sorry if any inconvenience is caused

I don't know what you have in .htaccess file, but you need something
like this in httpd.conf and restart Apache

LoadModule php5_module        libexec/apache22/libphp5.so

AddType application/x-httpd-php .html

(if you need *.html files processed by PHP interpeter)

Also look in to your files to PHP open tag, if you are using <? (short
open tag), you need short_opent_tag = On in your php.ini file

Miroslav Lachman