ASP for FreeBSD..

Vincent Blondel vincent at xtra-net.org
Mon May 15 05:15:17 UTC 2006

Ivan,

I don't think this is the best place to discuss about it. Take a look at the Users archive mailing-list. There were already
lots of topics about ASP availability on Unix platforms.

But, by the way, you have to know that Microsoft developed ASP as a pure Windows language. ASP is not as PHP and/or JSP
that were developed as totally platform independant languages and that have absolutely no problem to run on Windows as well
on Unix platforms.
Nevertheless, there exist mod_aspdotnet module but I think this is only availabale for Apache on Windows.

So if you get an ASP website, keep it with IIS on Windows and plan a migration to another language for a futur version.

Vincent.