apache root loader

jm-79 at hotmail.com jm-79 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 20 11:44:42 PST 2006

That Apache need root access to bind to port 80 is possible to go around by using
portacl and allow user www to bind to that port. I read up on the how the init process works
and it loads all conf files and then spawns childs that handle the rest. But i still wonder if that
is the best way, is it not possible to gain root access since Apache has root privs to get root
access with some exploit. I know it's not possible to go from child to mother so if it's like that
it's not possible to get root but ... i just wonder :)