Apache 2.2 with mod_php5.1.5 problem

up at 3.am up at 3.am
Mon Aug 28 18:14:30 UTC 2006

Hi:

I just installed Apache/2.2.3 and php_5.1.5 (from ports) on a server
that's going to replace much older versions of both.  It works for the
most part, except users with phpMyAdmin aren't.  The following error is
occuring:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function preg_match() in

/home/servers/sitename/source/phpMyAdminStories/libraries/defines.lib.php
on line 36

I did a google on it, and found a recommendation to install
/var/db/ports/php5-extensions.  I attempted that, and the problems began:

1st attempt: got a nice color screen giving me checkbox options. I check
everything I could worry about wanting some day, but if fails trying to
install something for a calender extension.  Ok, I figure I can do
without.

2nd attempt: even after a "make clean" and a "make distclean" the port
attempted to build it without giving me that screen, and it eventually
stops with a complaint that php5 itself is already installed and asks me
to deinstall and reinstall it.  It also seems to think that an older
version of php5 is installed (5.1.4 instead of 5.1.5), even though I had
properly deinstalled the old one, cleaned, etc.

Do I have to deinstall php_5.1.5 and all of the modules for it then
install these extensions, THEN install php5 ??

Thanks in Advance,

up at 3.am							    http://3.am