phpbb installation

Vizion vizion at vizion.occoxmail.com
Wed Sep 7 10:37:32 PDT 2005

On Wednesday 07 September 2005 06:36,  the author Denny Jodeit contributed to
the dialogue on-
 RE: phpbb installation:

>> On Tuesday 06 September 2005 20:42,  the author Vizion
>> contributed to the
>> dialogue on-
>>
>>  phpbb installation:
>> >Hi
>> >
>> >I am just trying to work out the configuration options for
>> >usr/ports/www/phpbb.
>> >Does anyone habe any ideas on a good to install phpbb on a
>>
>> server with a
>>
>> >number of virtual hosts, a number of which, will be running phpbb?
>> >
>> >Glancing at the makefile I have drawn the impression that
>>
>> some tweaking
>>
>> > might be needed.
>> >
>> >I am using name-based hosting and am uncertain how to proceed.
>> >

>> ># The phpBB2 port supports a number of variables that may be
>>
>> tweaked at
>>
>> > build # time.  Perform a "make options" to see more
>>
>> information on these
>>
>> > variables. #
>> >WWWDOCROOT?=    www/data
>> >PHPBBURL?=      phpBB2
>> >                                         (is this meant to
>>
>> be the file
>>
>> >location for installation purposes or the web site url?)
>> >
>> >WWWOWN?=        www
>> >WWWGRP?=        www
>>
>> I have installed phpBB to the existing server as a trial and
>> the files appear
>> to be in the location indicated by stnadrad output. When I
>> run open up
>> install/install.php I get a blank screen.
>>
>> any ideas how I can get enough info to help debug this problem?
>>
>> david
>
>No debug needed......
>
>Next time try Google......you'd have found this:
>
>http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/

I had tried that before I posted -- and have put a forum question -- so maybe
I will get an answer from there

thanks

david

>Happy Motoring,

 Currently in San Diego, CA. Sailing bound for Europe via Panama Canal after
completing engineroom refit.