mmcache problem

Lorenzo Perone lopez.on.the.lists at yellowspace.net
Sun Mar 20 05:54:24 PST 2005

Hi, I've had this problem before, actually with apache 1 and 2.

Did you verify if the the php session module (session.so)
is installed and loaded?

Have a look at
/usr/local/php/extensions.ini and make sure there is a
extension=session.so
if not, you may have to install it depending on what you did
until now.

If you installed php via the port lang/php4, it might be just
enough to cd /usr/ports/www/php4-session and make install.
The module ports usually also add the extension= line in
/usr/local/php/extensions.ini. However, always verify that file,
as the ports tend to mess it up with multiple entries when you do
reinstalls.

If you will use the extensions.ini to load mmcache,
also take care that its line has to be _before_ session.so's.

It _may_ be possible to do without the session module, possibly with a
mmcache.sessions="0" or similar. I did not try this.

Also, consider trying eAccelerator 0.92a, which is the successor
of mmcache, particularly with php 4.3.10.
I've had some weird situations with mmcache and php 4.3.10.
I've not had the time yet to verify them thoroughly, but it seems to
me that php 4.3.10 exposes some bugs in mmcache that 4.3.9 did not
expose that roughly (apache core dumps), some of which seem to be
resolved in eaccelerator (at least for what i can see).

Hope this helps,

Lorenzo