Auth_PG_grp_group_field -- parameter error if commented

Joel rees at ddcom.co.jp
Fri Oct 29 04:00:23 PDT 2004

I've sent an e-mail to Guiseppe Tanzilli about this.

We get the following error:

> Auth_PG_grp_group_field takes one argument, the name of the group-name field.

on the directive

    Auth_PG_grp_group_field rid

These are the directives we are using:

   Auth_PG_host 127.0.0.1
    Auth_PG_port 5432
    Auth_PG_database apache_auth
    Auth_PG_user postgres
    Auth_PG_pwd postgres
    Auth_PG_pwd_table user_bbs
    Auth_PG_uid_field uid
    Auth_PG_pwd_field pw
    Auth_PG_grp_table user_bbs
#    Auth_PG_gid_field rid               # name change from 2.0.0
    Auth_PG_grp_group_field rid        # Auth_PG_gid_field -> Auth_PG_grp_group_field
    Auth_PG_grp_user_field uid          # works from 2.0.0
#    Auth_PG_grp_whereclause " and rid = 'bbs at tekitou' "
    Auth_PG_encrypted on
    Auth_PG_hash_type MD5
    AuthName "Please Enter Your Password"
    AuthType Basic
    <Limit POST GET>
        require valid-user
        require group bbs at tekitou
    </Limit>

I had the guy who's working on this remove the comment from the

    Auth_PG_grp_group_field rid        # Auth_PG_gid_field -> Auth_PG_grp_group_field

line and apache runs with no problems.

So it looks like the comment field is getting parsed as an additional
parameter, causing an error.

I don't know whether this would be a bug or not, but I thought I'd pitch
it your way.

--
Joel <rees at ddcom.co.jp>