KQueue Patches

Lorenzo Perone lopez.on.the.lists at yellowspace.net
Thu Nov 11 07:09:44 PST 2004

Hello, I am new to this list; I use FreeBSD as a web and application
server for production and web development now since 2 years and am
fairly happy with it. For production I use FreeBSD RELENG_4_10 and for
development RELENG_5_3 recently. Also, I am an extensive user of jails.

I hope I will be able to contribute to this list with test results, or
at least good questions ;).

I wonder if You (Paul Querna) could share some of Your "small
optimizations" to this list.
I have some pages on a complex php/mysql framework that run
twice as slow on FreeBSD 5.3 than they did with 5.2.1 and I am trying
to find out why, or what I possibly misconfigured.
All ports were rebuilt, after the world of course. It is not an SMP
machine.
I will be trying the "WITH_EXPERIMENTAL_PATCHES" makeflag in my next
build-round, but if someone here has some kind of checklist (or a draft
of it) it would be great.

Thanks a lot for your time!

Lorenzo Perone