[FreeBSD-Announce] Faces of FreeBSD Series Kick-Off

Deb Goodkin deb at freebsd.org
Mon Dec 10 15:52:34 UTC 2012

Dear FreeBSD Community,

We kicked-off our year-end fundraising campaign last week and we can't
be more thrilled and thankful to everyone who has made a donation so far
this year! Since our campaign started on December 4th, we've raised over
$20,000 with more than 400 donations. Historically, we have started this
campaign at the beginning of December. And, we typically are about half
way to our goal at this time. It's very common for non-profits to raise
70% of their funds during December. We have always been confident that
we will meet our goals each year and we always have, or have gotten very
close.

This is our most ambitious fundraising drive to date. We have big plans
to bring on technical staff members and put more funding into
development projects. We are also collaborating more with companies who
use FreeBSD and working to get more companies to co-sponsor projects
with us.

We are excited to be kicking off our Faces of FreeBSD series. It's a
chance for us to spotlight different people who contribute to FreeBSD
and have received funding from us to work on development projects, run
conferences, travel to conferences, and advocate for FreeBSD.

Let us introduce you to Alberto Mijares. We helped him attend EuroBSDCon
2012 by assisting him with his travel expenses. Here’s his story:

http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/press/FacesofFreeBSD-Alberto.pdf

Please consider making a donation to help us continue and increase our
support of the FreeBSD Project and community worldwide! To make a
donation go to:

http://www.freebsdfoundation.org/donate/

Thank You,

The FreeBSD Foundation